As a Head of Project Controls-Programme Management Function you will have a chance to take part in the revitalisation of the Programme Management function in Rolls-Royce Submarines what is an step forward with the introduction of a new strengthened PM function Project Controls team.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy?s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support. As Head of Project Controls, you will be developing an improved capability for portfolio management and providing the Programme Management standards, processes, and training required across the Submarines business. You will be deploying your team to provide specific programme front line support, as required, and building them to become a world class capability. The team will need to represent the company for Portfolio discussions with the MoD and BAE Systems.
You will be the Nuclear Business representative, providing best practice and guidance on project controls across the business, taking these up to the wider Rolls-Royce PM executive for inclusion into the groups Programme Management strategy. You will be based at Raynesway but will need to travel to other Rolls-Royce/supplier's UK offices.
- Defining the Project Controls standards based on industry and company best practice and supporting the delivery of an improved capability to the business.
- Driving compliance with the new suite of Projects controls throughout all programmes within Submarines, implementing and sustaining the IBPC improvements, and the continuous assessment and development of PM functional capability.
- Understanding early indicators of variance in business measures/performance, and leveraging these in order to guide the business to meet its targets, addressing risks and issues in a timely fashion.
- Developing the PM function team capability to deliver the world class effect required within the Submarines business.
- Developing the future PM Controls strategy beyond IBPC to ensure a continuously high-performing PM function with the requisite toolsets, competencies, processes and assurance.
- Providing specific governance advice and front line programme support on Scheduling/Planning, EV and Cost Management, Risk and Opportunity, and Estimating.