Background to vacancy/ What is the purpose of the job? What do you need to achieve?
Responsible for the amplification work stream in the SEO team, maximizing the link building opportunities available at a brand the size of M&S. The candidate must be proactive in nature with very strong project management skills to co-ordinate campaigns from start to finish. This is an exciting opportunity to reshape the SEO influencer strategy at M&S.
Key accountabilities & measures:
• Obtaining natural links from authoritative bloggers (with SEO value) to strategic pages on M&S.com to boost visibility in google search
• Aim to increase the frequency in which we are generating influencer content/coverage for SEO campaigns.
• Work within the google regulations to avoid being penalized for mining links.
• Work collaboratively with the PR team to ensure to deliver a best in class influencer strategy
Stakeholder Management & Business Engagement
• Be an ambassador for SEO; educating key stakeholders of the importance of SEO, ensuring it becomes "business as usual" in all relevant work
• Support the business priorities, sharing data & insights to influence business decisions such as product offering and campaign timings.
• Work collaboratively with the search team, wider digital marketing team and PR to drive one strategy that is customer centric and ensures that M&S is leveraging all channels to drive the maximum incremental revenue.
Reporting on performance
• Tracking and reporting on campaign and ‘always-on’ KPIs as they relate to the SEO roadmap e.g. traffic and revenue metrics, keywords optimised; links created; etc.
• Working with line manager and SEO agency, report on SEO specific set of KPIs to monitor performance and understand which initiatives drive visibility & sales e.g. SEO share of market.
Building SEO Influencer Strategy
• Working with SEO agency to perform competitive analysis; understand search strategies of competitors, offering insights and take advantage of gained insights
• Keep up to date with changes in the SEO field and adapt UK & International strategy accordingly.
Key relationships & stakeholders:
• Head of Digital Marketing Senior search manager and wider Digital marketing team
• PR, Publishing (M&S.com Editor), Social Media Manager
• Brand Marketing and Category Digital Marketing Managers (Women’s, Mens, Home etc)
• International (Trading, Marketing, Development etc)
• SEO Agency(s) & Offshore Team
Technical skills/business skills required:
• Great communication skills; can influence stakeholders through logical and factual based reasoning
• Able to communicate complex technical SEO solutions in "plain English" to stakeholders who do not have strong SEO or digital understanding
• Working experience with off-page / content outreach / link building is essential
• Strong understanding of content optimisation and passing link authority to deeper pages on the website
• Experience of working to tight deadlines and delivering under pressure
• Able to plan, and deliver strong on brand, relevant event
• Have strong verbal and written skills, be able to express the brands tone of voice
• Maintain a consistent visual brand image within comms and projects at all times
• Demonstrate a proven accountability of budget ownership and control
• Able to promote and maintain a positive brand image at all times
• Develop strong and consistent relationships with the Product PR team
• Have a creative and innovative approach to projects
• Have a strong understand of the intrinsic link between PR, SEO, Affiliate and digital marketing and their respective work with influencers.